The other day my co-worker Josh Thomas came up to me and said, “For the next blog segment, I’d like to show you how to make some really great eyeballs.”
I was intrigued. And with Halloween coming up I felt like living on the edge.
Truth is these eyeballs aren’t that macabre. In fact, they’re a lot like the Oreo truffles your Grandma Judy might bring to the church potluck.
But Josh makes it extra fun with some goofy touches like blue and green pupils and even a little red icing to make the eyeballs appear a little bloodshot.
Enjoy….if you dare!
Haunted Halloween Eye Balls
• 1 package of Oreos (regular or double stuff is fine)
• 1 softened package of cream cheese
• 1 bag of white chocolate chips
• Decorating Frosting in the following colors: black, blue, green and red
1) Using a food processor, crush up package of Oreos (minus 3 Oreos that should be eaten directly our of the package).
2) After the Oreos are all completely crushed and are about the consistency of sand, use your hands to mix with the package of softened cream cheese. The mixture will be a very thick doughy paste.
3) Roll the Oreo mixture into balls about the size of golf balls and place on a baking sheet lined with wax paper. Place baking sheet into fridge to chill.
4) Create a double boiler by boiling water in a large lot and placing a small frying pan directly in top of pot (pan should rest on top of the pot, it will be heated by the steam). Melt the white chocolate chips in pan, after chocolate is completely melted place in warm bowl (warm bowl in microwave for 30 seconds).
5) Take the Oreo balls out of fridge and dip them into the melted chocolate. Place the Oreo balls back on the baking sheet. Place back in fridge to chill again for 5 minutes (chilling at this point will make decorating MUCH easier).
6) Take Oreo balls out of fridge. Place a dot of black frosting on each one. Circle the black frosting with blue, green or red frosting. Can also use red frosting or red food coloring and a paint brush to make eye veins as well.